Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Trip to Remember


About a week ago we embarked on a long car journey from Miami, Florida to El Paso, Texas to visit my younger sister and her groom-to-be Keith. I had actually not seen my sister in over 5 years. She had been so busy studying to get her Bachelor’s degree in accounting. The last time I saw her she was still in high school. It was so hard to believe. I had just seen her just a few years back, when she was still a teenager, and all of the sudden she’s about to be a college graduate and a married woman. As I keep having these thoughts we start entering the outskirts of El Paso and decide to stop at a gas station to get something to drink. When I came back to my car I realized I had locked myself out of my car. I asked the security guard a question I never thought I would have to ask: Sir, do you happen to know a 24-hour emergency locksmith service nearby?


Luckily, I was already in El Paso, just right outside of the city. The problem was that it was 1 am and I did not want to call my sister at that time. We had already expected to arrive this late and we had decided to rent a motel room for the night. Once we were well rested we would call my sister the next morning so we could have breakfast together. I called the 24-hour emergency locksmith service in El Paso the guard suggested right away. I have to say, I have never received such a great service from anyone else. Not only did these guys come so fast but they received us with such a great attitude and politeness but they were able to get into my car so quickly. I gave them the pet name “the speedy locksmith men”. I also thought: how can they be so energetic and efficient at this late hour? Whatever energy supplement these guys drink surely works for them, and I was the happiest customer ever!