Thursday, May 15, 2014

Where to Get a Transponder Key


A couple of months ago I lost my transponder key. The first couple of days I thought maybe I had just misplaced it and didn’t give it much thought, plus that way I could carpool with my husband so I didn’t mind not being able to use my car. Every day I would look for the key and I had no luck. I literally looked everywhere: my purse, the bathroom, my room, the office, and nothing. Then it occurred to me that perhaps I could have left it inside the car. After one week of having no car, I decided to call a locksmith.

El Paso Locksmith came in and unlocked the car for me. I looked for the key in there and, to my surprise, it wasn’t there! I really had no idea where that key could be. I stressed out because now I would have to go to a dealership and pay like $200 to get a replacement, which I wasn’t looking forward to. I expressed all these concerns to El Paso Locksmith and they told me they could do it! At first I was a bit skeptical because dealerships always say they are the only ones that can do that and that you should always go to them but I didn’t want to spend so much money.

I decided I would trust El Paso Locksmith to replace my transponder key and they charged me about half of what I would have paid if I had gone to the dealership! I highly recommend everyone that needs a transponder key to go to a locksmith because it is way cheaper!