Tuesday, May 27, 2014

When My Son Got Locked Out in a Bedroom


One weekend, my family and I went to visit my husband’s aunt in El Paso.  After a few hours playing with the aunt’s dog, my young son got tired, so I put him down for a nap in a spare bedroom, leaving the door partially open behind me.  When I went to check on about 40 minutes later, I discovered that the door was locked.   I called his name but got no response.  I wasn’t sure if he had gotten up and closed the door himself, or if the breeze had slammed it shut.  Either way, we were now in a dangerous situation.   I ran and got my husband to look at the window from outside the house.  It was cracked open, but we were on the second story and his aunt didn’t have a ladder.  Never in my life did I imagine I would have to look for a 24-hour emergency locksmith in El Paso.

We quickly found the phone book and called an emergency locksmith.  My husband’s poor aunt felt so
bad. She didn’t often have kids in the house and didn’t realize that the little privacy lock on the doorknob could cause such a problem.  While we were waiting for the locksmith, we used our phones to look up different ways to open doors with credit cards and bobby pins, but we had no luck.  I guess it’s best to leave these things up to the professionals.  The locksmith only took about 10 minutes to arrive, but at that point, my son had woken up and started crying.  As I spoken soothingly to my son through the door, the locksmith worked quickly and expertly to remove the doorknob.   

Thanks to the great 24-hour emergency locksmith in El Paso, my son was back in my arms in no time.  He provided such a great service that the aunt hired him to come back and replace all of those privacy lock doorknobs in order to avoid scary situations in the future.